Data Protection Policy
The Society is a Charity and exempt from registering as a Data-holder, but wishes to express its Policy here.
The Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists’ Society uses members contact data only for the purpose of distributing our publications and for notifying members of news.
The data is that supplied on our membership application forms and kept up-to-date using information supplied by members.
We do not keep data relating to past members any longer than necessary.
We only share data with Officers of the Society and only for the purposes of the Society.
Data are kept securely and within the UK.
The following was copied from https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act -
Everyone responsible for using data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
1) used fairly and lawfully
2) used for limited, specifically stated purposes
3) used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
5) kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
6) handled according to people’s data protection rights
7) kept safe and secure
8) not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection